Section C approx. 44 km from Lühe/Lühe/Wedel to Ochsenwerder/Ochsenwerder/Zollenspieker
Where else could you get this? A bike ride that you can begin or end in the centre of an international city, or pass through one on your way. With its harbour combining history and international city flair, the Hanseatic city of Hamburg offers you just this. The maritime landscape of the Lower Elbe, stretching from Cuxhaven to this point, ends here. In Buxtehude’s Old Town, you will quickly recognise the old Hanseatic tradition that links Hamburg with many other towns and cities.
- The Venti Amica mill, a Dutch gallery windmill in Hollern-Twielenfleth, the Lühe-Schulau ferry and the shipping museum in the old lighthouse are the highlights here.
- The Elbe marshland opens up at Wedel. Farmland and untouched nature live side by side, creating a unique habitat for many animals.
- Buxtehude’s Old Town with its church, town hall, market hall/brewery and Marschtorzwinger lets you learn all about the town’s history,
- The Hanseatic city of Hamburg offers a plethora of cultural highlights with its metropolitan flair, harbour, the Inner Alster and its historic quarters.
- Jork is located in the centre of the ‘Altes Land’ region, and boasts many different attractions.
- Just fifteen minutes’ drive away from the centre of Hamburg, and you’ll feel like you’re in another world in Ochsenwerder.
- The Zollenspieker - Hoopte ferry station is your last chance to cross the Elbe before Hamburg.