Section O approx. 51 km from Dresden/Dresden to Schmilka
Saxon Switzerland is a real Mecca for cyclists and hikers. An elaborate network of paths and trails lead to breathtaking look-out points and through deep gorges. The Saxon Switzerland National Park is Germany’s only mountainous national park. The picturesque and rugged Cretaceous landscape and its fascinating micro-climate play home to a plethora of rare plants and animals.
- A stop-off in Dresden is one of the best parts of cycling the Elberadweg.
- Pirna is a wonderfully renovated city with plenty of renaissance buildings. Definitely worth a visit.
- Stadt Wehlen is a small town with a charming marketplace with a cyclist church and plenty of cosy cafés and ice cream stands.
- The oldest spa town in Saxon Switzerland, Bad Schandau is the perfect base for tourists and travellers to enjoy excursions or hiking.
- Kurort Rathen: At the foot of the world-famous bastion in the middle of the Saxon Switzerland National Park, you’ll find a place that’s sure to enchant and provide a welcome change.
- Thanks to its location up in the Elbe valley, Heidenau is a perfect, central base for visitors.
- The symbol of Königstein, the fortress, is nestled in the bizarre rocky landscape of Saxon Switzerland.
- Schmilka is a small town located on the Czech border.