Section H approx. 55 km from Havelberg to Tangermünde
Cycle northwards in Hanseatic footsteps through Saxony-Anhalt, partially along Medieval trade routes in a landscape that boasts a concentration of Hanseatic towns like no other place in Europe. There are plenty of architectural relics from the Middle Ages for this region to be proud of. Altmark boasted eight members of this historical league. Another highlight is crossing the Elbe in one of the many local reaction ferries.
- Dive into a world of river landscapes in Havelbergs ‘Haus der Flüsse’ information centre.
- In Sandau, you can fall in love with a beautiful part of the ‘Romantic Road’.
- Hohenberg-Krusemark is well known far beyond Altmark for horse riding.
- Welcome to the ‘heart of Altmark’ in the Hanseatic town of Stendal.
- Arneburg is a picturesque little town, and one of the oldest towns in Altmark.
- Tangermünde, the town with the Medieval-looking townscape.