Section R approx. 45 km from Litoměřice to Mělník
Litomerice, Melnik and Roudnice nad Labem are all towns in the middle of this section that boast rich tradition and history, making them well worth visiting. The cycle path will take you through the fertile landscape of the Elbe lowlands, and the route is partially lined with vineyards and castles. Winemaking has a long tradition in the Czech Republic, dating back to the Romans as well as Karl the IV.
- Litoměřice ist eine alte Königsstadt und Weinzentrum am Fusse des Böhmischen Mittelgebirges.
- Štětí: A small, modern town on the right bank of the Elbe.
- Mělník is the centre of the Bohemian wine trade.
- Terezín: Fortress city, former concentration camp
- Roudnice nad Labem: One of the oldest Czech towns, with the mythical Berg Ríp.